Project 3 - FINAL

The Cyclical Nature of Things

I took a very personal approach to this project and looked inward on my life to find inspiration. To me, cyclical is a repetitive motion or action that occurs in my every day life. For me that would be my job and how it always feels the same. As a wedding photographer, not much is different about weddings. The couple gets ready, walks down an aisle, kisses, they're married, and then they party. It's all the same, and the tradition has been the same for centuries. 

In my piece, I wanted to place artistic confinements on my work by using only my photography. I used photographs from various different weddings I've photographed to compile this image, along with images of objects from my every day life when I'm not at a wedding. The computer, notebook, and camera tell more of a visual story about my workaholic tendicies and gives more dialogue to the image. The couple in the middle of the image is a same-sex couple which breaks that tradition of man marrying a woman. They are what I would like to think the epitome of an untraditional wedding, which is why I chose to highlight them.

I love the juxtaposition of something completely untraditional to a ceremony that's been going on for years and years. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 5 - Process