Project 4 - FINAL

My inspiration for this piece is to visually show the passage of time through repetition and horizontal lines. The horizontal lines vaguely represent a timeline and how time is linear, and the repetition is to show the growth, aging, and decline of objects and life throughout time. 

The images down below were created to composite a book, which I did not think to photograph and add to the blog before I turned it in. The book was created to be turned round and round, to signify how time never stops and how you could be stuck thinking in circles. I used my own photographs from a business trip to Utah to create the book, and I love how there is a dream-like quality to them. The imagery creates an inviting space that allows my mind to wander freely, like wandering about what the future might hold or mistakes made in the past. The desert also has a funny way of interacting with time. In the very last image listed, I walked along that desert for what felt like hours but turned out to be only 20 minutes. I would look behind me and feel like I've moved miles away, then look in front of me and felt like I've gone nowhere. I thought that the desert was a perfect depiction of how time is linear, but our thoughts have a way of distorting it.

My objective for the piece is to show that time never slows down, doesn't wait, that precious moments are fleeting, and that you should remember the little things with every chance you have.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 5 - Process

Project 3 - FINAL